Stomach bugs,ivs and farewell









 No Internet for the past 24 hours. I got a stomach bug Tuesday night and was off all day Wednesday. Yesterday I went back to my new loves and just let them love on me and vice versa. Last night our youngest member of the team went down with the stomach bug and was unable to recover so we stopped at a clinic on the way to the border. Nurse Maetaki has a lot of connections!! They gave us supplies and I started her iv. We’ve had iv fluids running in the bus for the past 3 hours.


Departing was emotional!! As much as these children are challenging, they also give you all your love. It was so hard to leave. Half way to Joburg now, flight is at 1015 local time. Another long trek awaits!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We made it to Maseru, Lesotho!!

Back at Heathrow